Thursday 16 September 2010

Three Directors that I liked

Baz Luhrmann
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0525303/
Romeo and Juliet is my favourite Baz Luhrmann film
Luhrmann's Romeo and Juliet (properly titled William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet) takes the play and deposits it in a modern Verona Beach that is part decaying Miami and part Mexico City.The film is beautifully shot with vivid and bizarre sets. Luhrmann makes the Capulets ball a glitzy affair with every frame dripping wealth. The music is loud and the pace fast. The frenetic camerawork drives the audience through the film as the ill-fated pair hurtles towards their doom. Luhrmann's flamboyant direction pumps new life into a well-known, much-adapted tale.
Adam Shankman
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0788202/
This director creates films that are entertaining and interesting to watch. My favourite films of his is A Walk to Remember. I must admit - my skepticism was extremely high upon first hearing about this movie. I queried myself as to the necessity of watching yet another "teenage love story". However, upon a friend's recommendation, I decided to give it a go, and realized that movie was simply incredible ! It made you cry and it made you laugh but all in all it was a truly amazing film not only having some incredible actors and actresses but being a film that you will remember for a very long time

Nick Cassavetes
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001024/
This director directs films that are both heart renching and make you think. One of my favourite films of all time is The Notebook. I absolutely Loved this movie! I'd have to say one of the best love stories I've ever watched. It is a very moving and heart renching film and also one which I can honestly say made me cry

No comments:

Post a Comment